View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Marcus

Opio welcome. Glad to hear you are an ex IV junkie as am I. I am not going to argue with your opinion because that is what we do here, but saying you can't get any sort of high off subtex unless IVing it is incorrect. Sure it is not the same as H or OCs, but it is sold on the street and abused by many. If you are opiate free for a few weeks and then snort a large dose or even take it sublingually you will get high. I have seen quite a few people nod out on Subutex / Suboxone including myself and I could shoot 2 grams of raw a day. It has a strength 20X of OC and 10X of H. Yes the euphoria is less and longer half life, but it is powerful and has a high abuse potential if not used correctly. I am not against sub and it has helped many people, but if an alcoholic went from drinking a half gallon of vodka a day to 10 beers or some Valium and was not making any other attempt at recovery there is still a big problem. This is a recovery website so I have probably already said too much, but I just don't want to give people the idea that abusing some other drug that doesn't have the same stigma as your drug of choice is a step in the right direction. His doctor prescribed it and if he was taking it as prescribed ok, but he is not even close to taking it as directed. Playing doctor is dangerous.