View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 11:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Anon12

Need to vent to someone and it's too early to call anyone here! I'm so angry - XABF has confirmed everything I am doing is right. He is meant to be packing up his things to move out next weekend. I came home last night just before midnight and he wasn't at the flat. I tried to call him as I have been contacted by our landlord asking to confirm information for the referencing company who are sorting out his new flat.

Anyway, he doesn't answer. Then texts me to say he is out with colleagues and on way back (his car is outside and he works a 1 hr drive away so that doesn't add up). And he rocks up at gone 4am. Doesn't say a word, just brushes his teeth and crashes out, definitely drunk.

He had an opportunity to go to an AA meeting last night but he said he needed to get his stuff sorted and wait til he was settled in his new place before attending. I knew that was crap but his actions last night have confirmed he isn't ready to get help. I woudl have understood if he'd been here sorting through his stuff but instead he chose to drink. I just want him out now. I wanted it before, but now i'm done with being flexible as I feel he has just abused it.

I have plans this weekend with a friend I've not seen in nearly 10 years so don't want to cancel them - i'm meant to be staying over at hers tonight - but I feel I want to watch him pack so I know he's going. We were also meant to be talking about what stuff he may take from our joint possessions (although I paid for most of them) but now I'm awake while he snores and don't know when he'll be up and 'with it' enough to discuss that or his reference. I am so fed up of the selfishness.

Annoyingly, the letting agent still hasn't sent us the form to get him off the lease so legally he can be here according to UK law but i hope he just goes.

I'm going to tell him he has abused my generosity and I want all his stuff packed this weekend and all of removed from the flat no later than next Sunday. I'm not buying any more food or anything for him. If he doesn't I wnat to pack his stuff for me but he is a 6'3'' bloke and I'm wary, although not violent, I don't know what kind of response that will get.

Feel like my weekend is going to be ruined worrying about whether he is getting drunk or sorting his stuff out. I didn't sleep properly as I worried all night and now i'm shattered. I now don't want to stay away next week as I want proof he's leaving... but feel bit powerless to do anything.

ok, rant over.