View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 06:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Tallguy View Post
Thank everyone, I appreciate all the responses. It's just tough because I'm just realizing I have literally wasted 3 years of my life. And even more than wasted, dug myself a huuuge hole. I always thought I was the cool party guy but I am now the opposite. At the time I was living for the memories I made being drunk, not the future. I guess alcohol just gave me a high ego, and I'm just now realizing just how much it messes with your mind.
my man, in those 3 years, ya gained very valuable lessons on what doesnt work too good. now ya got the choice to either keep diggin further in that hole or start fillin it in. today, i can say my past is one of the greatest posessions i have.
i was an egomaniac with low self esteem and the low self esteem was there even before i started drinking. alcohol really messed with my mind. i though it helped me be sociable, but all i ever did was be a mumbling, falling down, sloppy drunk. i would have times when i would start drinkin at home, then decide to go to the bar to be around people, only to go sit in a corner by myself. there was a bar i used to go to and i would sit on thesame barstool every time i went there. it was right in front of the liquor bottles. then one day i noticed the mirror behind the bar and saw myself in it. couldnt take that, so i started sitting at the other end of the bar.

theres hope and iffen ya put in the footwork, you can get sober too!!!