Old 05-23-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

You really need to get a couple of 'free' consults with several attorneys and ask some of the following question:

1. Since I have been a 'stay at home' mom, home schooling our 'disabled' son will not AH also be required to pay 'spousal support' in addition to child support?

Even in this 'advanced' day and age, family court judges still do ORDER Spousal Support when there is a reason ie disabled child, home schooling, always a 'stay at home mom through whole marriage' etc for it.

Also #7 is really iffy. He is already in a NEGATIVE ENVIRONMENT and you/we do not know what that has already done to him and how it can and does aggravate his Tourettes.

Its real simple to do a pro/con list. Take a 81/2 by 11 sheet of paper, draw a line down the middle the long way, write PRO at the top on one side and CON at the top on the other side.

Then when you think of something, put it on the appropriate side. This is something that will take you some days to complete, and you do not have to stress over it, just as something comes to mind, put it on the list. You have some listed above already but you will have to decide if they are Pro or Con.

You might also want to start a separate Pro/Con List on this one:

4.I've put a lot of myself into this marriage and I'm not ready to give that up yet, either.
J M H O but I do believe that is your BIG/MAIN reason for not leaving yet.

I am glad that you are working with your therapist on this as it is extremely important to you and your child.

Love and hugs,