View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mizz

Partner is on the fence with support.

Well.... Here I am getting sober. After all the prayers and all the "I will never do this again!", I am in meetings, looking for a sponsor and feel good about this decision. My husband is a different story. He does not prescribe to black and white thinking. It's to extreme. I realize that this is going to be a difficult up hill battle of conversation in my marriage. I don't know what to do.
From what I see, it has to be all or nothing. When I drink, I drink it all. If I were able to have 1 glass of wine, I wouldnt be in AA meetings. So, yes, it is black and white. No alcohol for me.
He said that he went to AA meetings before because I asked him to. The truth is, he went out and got wasted at a bar while I was in rehab and had sex with a random in his car. He was a mess on visiting day. He told me what happened and I said "I can't tell you that your a alcoholic. You might need AA. Please go to AA.".....Way to kick a horse while it's down.
I have to know that his support is not the reason why I am doing this. I am doing this for me. I don't like the elephant in the room. I want to share my joy with him.
He said that he will think about what is going on in his head. He will talk with me later. There is a lot happening in our lives right now. We are relocating in less than a month. We are dealing with child support issues. We are both starting new jobs.... I can see that his plate is full. I told him that i wanted a clear head while all of this is taking place. There is no time like right now to get sober.
So is my sensitive child self just wanting a pat on the back??? Am I asking for a lot when so much is going on?