View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lost3000
Sober since Jan 1, 2012

Yes, I went on a cruise 3 yrs ago and drank my way through it entirely. I take a vacation at least once a year, sometimes several times per year. Those were my excuses too to drink in the morning, etc.

This time around I had so much more free time, time to do what I wanted. I really enjoyed the dinners and breakfasts on the ship. Before I hardly remembered them. I made it my mission to find a local spot on the islands we visited, and sampled their coffee along the way. All of it was really good.

I did some of the cheesy things on the ship, stuff I never was able to make it to before. And lastly, I let myself rest - every day. After a full day of activities, my husband and I would take a 1-2 hour nap and then dress up for dinner. We chose a later seating for that purpose.

You will find it is much more fun without the booze. I'm not sure why I was so hooked on drinking while on vacay.

Originally Posted by garyper View Post
Congrats on a dry vacation!! Have you cruised in the past when you drank? I am 18 days dry and have a cruise in 52 days, in the past I have used cruises to actually have an excuse to drink from morning to late at night. At first I was really worried about going on the vacation, but as a go, I think I am really looking forward for a vacation that I will remember, beyond the pics i take. Thanks for posting, i know it can be done, having a great cruise while dry, thanks so much.