View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sapling

Originally Posted by patrisha View Post
@ sapling
Yes, I would love to see my life change as well. I am really sick of being sick. Im sick of myself and I am willing and ready to change. I felt a huge relief yesterday when I walked into the AA meeting. I felt like a weight had lifted and I could finally breath. And, there were the faces that i recognized, "Welcome back", they said.
I have been here before though and that is what is scary. There is something that didnt take place with the steps last time. ..... I didn't use them. I went through them with everything that i had and then willingly forgot about them. Why?... I deduce this to the disease and my willingness. Im responsible for this and I am fully aware of the cunning, baffling powerful nature of Alcohol.
Maybe you are different this time....Maybe you have more willingness...That and complete honesty...Is all you need. Give it all you got...That's what worked for me. Alcohol took everthing I had...I had no choice but to be willing...I was beaten and had the gift of desperation...That was the gift I needed.