Old 10-09-2002, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Canadian Thanksgiving - And I am Grateful

Hi gang

This weekend is our Canadian Thanksgiving, and it is a time when I remember all the many things I have to be grateful for...so I thought I would start a list...feel free to add your list to this

I am grateful for my health. I'm not so young anymore, nor am I an old lady, but this is a time in my life when I look around and see that not everyone has made it this far in good health. I am grateful for a body that funtions and a mind that works (most of the time ). Thank you God.

I am grateful to live in a free country and have the best neighbours in the world to the south. Thank you America.

I am grateful for the 12-step program and all it has taught me. I am grateful for my she-devil sponsor who keeps me on track, and I am grateful for all the pain that brought me here, because without it I wouldn't have what I have today. Thank you Bill Wilson and all those original 100 who took the time to write it down.

I am grateful for my family...as dysfunctional as we may be at times. I love them all and feel blessed to have them in my life. Thank you family.

I am grateful for my cat, Toby, who loves me unconditionally and dances on my head to wake me up in the morning. Thank you Sheila for giving him to me.

And I am grateful for these boards, and every single person here. From those who got here before me, I acquired wisdom and hope, and from those who came after, I acquired compassion and understanding and a reminder of how wonderful this program is to have brought me this far.

Thank you friends, for being here always, for loving and caring and sharing and for holding me up when I am exhausted and for making me laugh when I really need to laugh.

I love you all and am thankful for each one of you.