View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
celticgenes

OT- "Bill W." movie

Hello, all. Just saw (in theater) a great documentary about Bill Wilson, one of the co-founders of AA. When you realize where we are today, with the gift of 12-Step programs and people to help, and contrast that with the situation before AA, you realize what an amazing gift the AA movement is.

It was a fascinating look at the arc of 12 step recovery programs.

If it's showing anywhere near you, I highly recommend it! Google "Bill W. movie"

On topic, I'm doing well. Almost 4 months out, very little contact with the A. He finally seems to have gotten the message that I am not playing the crazy game. I've been able to have two property related discussions with him that went well. Now if my property would just sell, I can be off to my own life.

I have moments where I miss him like crazy (actually, that's exactly right-it is CRAZY!!!! to miss him), but then I realize that I miss the illusion of who I wanted him to be. I still wish him well, but we are water under the bridge.

I've made my short list of characteristics I'd like in a partner-kindness, optimism, intelligence, and a sense of humor. Oh, yeah, no substance abuse!

Be well, my SR comrades!