View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
CookiesAreDone

Emotionally detaching is very hard ... how difficult it must have been for you to do it while maintaining contact. You are much braver than me.

I found out yesterday that she is telling people I have a self medication problem. Apparently, I abuse Xanax.

While it is true that I have Panic Disorder, I am prescribed to take as needed which ends up being half of the mg prescribed and half as often, plus I see an Osteopathic Doctor who prescribes essential oils and an Acupuncturist ... so yeah, I self medicate in the sense that I take half of what I was told to and try natural things including yoga to heal my body so I do not need chemicals to not feel like I am have a major heart attack and menopausal hot flashes at the same time.

Her AA buddies (small town here) totally buy into her story and wouldn't ya know it? They've been "watching it happen for a while now". Um excuse me, but what they have been watching is me spiraling down while putting up with her abuse.

Well now I know what she has been telling people. She couldn't tell people the truth, which is that I cut her out of my life after she became FACEBOOK FRIENDS with wife of the man who sexually molested me ... and allowed this woman to see pictures of my kids when they were younger.

I am having a hard time NOT going around defending myself. I'm just going to go about my business as usual.

Luckily I get to keep busy today so I can't wallow in it. :-)