View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

Could we have a definition?

Could we have a definition of the term,'real alcoholic' in the first line of Chapter 3 of ,'Alcoholics Anonymous', whilst the chapter goes on to describe such a person, itdoesn't actually define it?

I understand it to mean someone like me who is born with a genetic dispsition so that when alcohol is introduced into my body,the enzymes, in the digestive system don't break down the carbohydrates, (alcohol) at the same rate as a ,'normal' social drinker, about 1oz per hour, so that the alcohol (drug) remains in the body for a much longer period.

The effect of this, like any drug is that messages are sent to the brain demanding more of the same! Which once introduced into the body simply adds to the problem in the digestive system, creating an addictive,dependent effect, leading to all the misery of alcoholism.

I think this is what in ,'The Doctors Opinion, , Dr. Silkworth meant when he was referring to a ,'physical allergy', the cure being found in as ,'psychic experience' or ,'spiritual experience/education'.