View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 09:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Chrisy

Good luck. Today is day 3 and Sunday will be day 4. I think I have finally stopped the runs. I actually was able to keep a banana and some apple sauce down. I read in a natural healing book that lots of water is very important as the toxins need to be release from your body, plus the first few days eat lots of banana and apple sauce. I am doing it cold turkey. Tabering off didn't work for me as I ended getting right back to where I was before or needing more to feel normal.

Like you, I was given oxycodone by a doctor. I have been on these opiate drugs 10 years ago when they said I had fibro, which 3 years ago the new doctor finally did an mri and found why I had neck and shoulder pain, and they still haven't done surgery yet, but just kept giving me pain pills. It is a big problem in this country with the health system we have. They don't treat the problem, just give you opiates and oxycodone to take a way the pain and make you pain free, but after awhile your life begins to be sucked out of you. You have a choice. I choose to get clean now. You asked for advice. Do it now before you go. I watch the cops shows and the people who have to withdraw in jail have a miserable time. Do it now, and go in clean with some NA before you go.

I am going to my first meeting tuesday night. Where I live they have two meetings a week, so I am going to start doing that. I feel like I am beginning to see the end of the hell. Hopefully day 4 will be better.

Good luck and welcome.

Chrisy