View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AlreadyAlone

New, sad, hopeless...type don't cry?

Hello everyone. I've found myself reading here again- so I joined tonight as my Long-time boyfriend is probably out drinking again. I'm so tired of crying, and just realized that my fear of being alone keeps me with him, but that's silly because he always leaves me alone.

Just wondered how much support will I find if I start coming here regularly - I have a hard time getting myself to the Al-Anon meeting in my area- I went once 2 months ago and couldn't stop crying.

Background: I only recently found out that my guy who had been sober for over 10 years had started up again. He hid it well, and I freaked out because in my heart I know where this leads. He later admitted he had been drinking again for a couple years... More freaking. We were almost going to have a break up talk about in at the start of April, but at Easter he decided he was done with that life and things were going better. What changed? I'm sure tomorrow I will hear its the terrible stress of the job he took in March (no just being codependent here, it's a very dangerous workplace). I thought we were OK, but tonight I came home for dinner, not here, no note, turned off his cell when I tried to call it... How do I know when it's time to have that talk?