View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
jayjay1882

Originally Posted by Dreamless View Post

I have described his behaviour to him the next morning and he laughs it off and thinks I'm exaggerating. I think I might film him next time. I told him if he knew what I'd seen the night before he'd be embarrassed. He didn't seem bothered in the slightest.
I too did this, when I told my husband how he had behaved he just laughed it off.
I DID film my husband in his drunkenness to show him. I just KNEW if he could see it for himself what I was talking about he would be so appalled and would never drink like that again.
He always refused to watch what I had filmed. If I would try to convince him to watch it he would get angry with me and scream at me.
I finally realized months later after we separated that he knew all along the whole time that his behaviors and drinking were out of control. He just didn't care. And he didn't want to be faced with cold hard evidence, he'd rather not worry about it.
If he just kept his eyes shut and pretend it wasn't happening then it would be okay.

It's called denial.

I don't know what your situation is, or how your boyfriend would react if you filmed him. This is just my experience.

But I agree with the others. If it is a problem for you, then there is a problem.

Best wishes