View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dreamless

is this a form of alcoholism?

Hi all,

I can't quite work this out on my own...

My husband does not drink often. The problem arises when he goes out drinking without me there to watch him, he drinks excessively. To the point where he can't walk or talk properly by the time he arrives home. He then spends around 2 hours rolling around and groaning in discomfort. I have to wake up to baby him until he settles. He falls over, talks gibberish, cries etc. The next day he has no recollection of the night before, whereas I have to go to work exhausted from being kept up all night nursing a giant man-baby.

He is 36 years old. I can't understand why he can't control himself and know his limits. I'm 10 years younger than him but I would never ever get myself into that state so cannot understand why he does it...? Could it be a warning sign of depression or something else, or is he just behaving with extreme immaturity? Lack of control? I just don't know... all I know is it wears me down. Does anyone else have experiences similar to this who could help me to understand why he does this?

Thanks for listening...