View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hello there Itchy, and pleased to "meet" you

As you can see, there's plenty of guys around here. It's just that we're _guys_. I was busy in my "man cave" and I generally communicatie with grunts. All my guy friends understand me, I just need a computer that will hear my grunts and translate into text. It's on my list of things to invent

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
... I just needed to know there was life after late life divorce.....
Oh yes there is. Oh boy there is. I divorced my ex-AW, moved out of town, decided to wait at least a year before I started dating again. Well, I did not wait the full year, nor did I follow my sponsor's advice to wait a year. 6 months and I was dating again. Lovely lady, but we just didn't "fit" as well as were trying to fit. Thank goodness for al-anon or I would have "pushed" that relationship instead of letting it grow.

A year after that I'm in love again. Fantastic woman, full-speed ahead relationship, fireworks in the sky kind of thing. Lasted several years, but we realized we had some deep down disagreements that just were not working out.

Today my sis is trying to set me up with a friend of hers.

And that's just dating life. I have a ton of friends, have travelled across the country, love my quiet little condo. My life is just as wonderful today as it was when my marriage was going well.

I have learned that life doesn't stop just because my emotions are a trainwreck. It goes on. I just have to take a little time to heal and get back on the "road of life".

Oh, and as far as "late life", I am a great-grandfather. I don't use that "late life" term, I prefer "wise life". I can sit back and watch the young-uns spin their wheels all day long and be grateful I don't do that anymore.

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
... If anybody has any reading that is guy oriented I would appreciate some links.....
Now that is a wide open question Readings on what subject? You know the _best_ guy oriented readings I have found are the al-anon books. Except change the "he" to a "she" in every sentence. That gave me just a little bit of a glimpse of what it's like to live in a world that is oriented to a gender other than mine. Gave me some deep perspective I was lacking.

Welcome to SR, there's a ton of wisdom here and the largest congregation of kind and compassionate peeps on the web. That's why I keep hanging around, I may have seen it all and done it all in my life, but every day I learn something new just reading SR.

Mike