Old 05-16-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Stayinfree View Post
Hi again

Yes I made a big plan a few weeks ago and have stuck to it, the problem for me is that I am surrounded by drinkers (apart from my husband), when I go to work I hear them all talk about it, when I'm at home where my business is, I hear my customers talk about it, so by the time I come in for the night, I'm feeling deprived!

I have read the book several times and I am often on here reading posts and keeping up with whats going on, even though I rarely post.

I think the longer I am sober, the beast sneaks up on me and gains control of 'I' without me realising, in the past this is where I would drink.

I probably need to read the book again! But I thought I would also start posting on here for some added support.

Thanks SF
Hi SF,

If you've really made your once in a lifetime Big Plan, then you don't really have to be very good at recognizing your Addictive Voice. So congratulations. You now know you will never drink again, no matter what, for better or worse, and that means whether or not you recognize the AV.

If you are now ever to be found (by your husband, for instance) in a position where a container with alcohol in it is being held in your hand and moving towards your mouth it now means you are simply practicing shifting. Go ahead and smell it and put it down, you know you will not drink it because your Big Plan is irrevocable - it cannot be canceled, revoked, retracted, reversed, or altered in any way, because you know having Your Big Plan means it is impossible for you to swallow alcohol.

Also, it never hurts to very carefully reread Part II of RR:TNC. It makes it easier.

GT