View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sapling

Originally Posted by MarkstheSpot View Post
Because I consider it to be my own stupid fault that I'm a recovering alkie, I've insisted that no one around me behaves any differently. It's like: carry on as you where, everyone, don't mind me, I'm sitting this one out. Certainly it makes thing harder to see booze in the fridge, but like I say, that's tough cheddar. Got to bite the bullet.

So the fridge full of beer would indeed be a test of my resolve as a drinker, but I'd also be secretly pleased that what is essentially 'my problem' wasn't impacting anyone else. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I think I'd be annoyed if things did change. Other opinions may vary, of course.
I agree it's my problem....And I could see if I had a spouse that kept a bottle of wine in the fridge I could live with it. But if I had to look at a fridge packed with beer when I got back from work...That wouldn't sit well. I'd expect a little more consideration with that in early recovery...And I'd explain that and see if it could be kept in a cooler somewhere else. It's OK if you want to kill yourself...But give me a chance saving my life.