Old 05-16-2012, 01:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Snakes37

Diagnosed as Bipolar after 9 months sober

Hi all, I haven't posted on here in quite sometime. Sober story thus far...
Sobered up at the end of June 2011, Went to AA, got a sponsor, did the steps, prayed. Regardless I was still depressed for months. I went to the Doctor and was prescribed with an antidepressant. After 2 months of AD's I'm on this miraculous high (mania) that had me hospitalized for 3 weeks. I was convinced that my feelings of happiness were as a result of working the AA program and being deeply spiritual with my higher power. The healthcare professionals thought that I was manic. So I went to the hospital against my will for 3 weeks and was forced medication. After 3 weeks they let me go. I continued feeling great for the next 3 months. Since February though I have felt like absolute poop and the depression has returned. The Doc has now prescribed me Lithium and have been taking it for 2 months. I'm so confused as to what's going on with me. Any advice from anyone as to how I'm supposed to live? I'm lost . What should I expect from Lithium? It has left me feeling emotionless, zombie like and I haven't been happy Any help or experience with this would be greatly appreciated!
Peace & Love,
Snakes37