Old 05-14-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Thinking back, AXH never tried to justify his drinking. Not really. He just did it and I tried to justify it. He did try to minimize the heck out of it.

"I just had a couple beers. It must have hit me harder because I didn't eat at all."
(For the record, he's over 6'7" and (was) a muscular rugby player. If 2 beers could knock him into a spin like that, I (at 5'4") must be a heavy-weight drinker because 2 beers have never had ME thinking I made it to the bathroom when I really ended up puking or peeing in the closet on my SO's and kid's clothes - Oddly enough, NEVER on the side of the closet with his clothes.... Even when I'd switched everything around, thinking that'd keep him from messing up my and DS's stuff.)

"I took a dose of cold medicine. That what it was. That's why I hit my head on the nightstand." When he completely missed the bed when he passed out in the bedroom.
(Nothing to do with the fact that he drank the entire bottle of NyQuil AFTER the bottle of rum; and when that ran out, my vanilla extract for baking, the bottle of mouthwash, and who knows what else he'd stashed around the apartment....)

Oh, there are more... It was always "only a couple..."