View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((SupportiveWife))) - Welcome to SR, though I'm sorry for what has brought you here. First of all, relapses are part of addiction, not recovery. Though many do relapse, not everyone does.

I'm a recovering crack addict, as well as a codependent who has loved ones who are A's (addicts). I can tell you that my gut reaction was usually right. Most A's will deny using, even if you catch them red-handed.

I understand you want to be supportive, but he needs support you can't give. We A's need the support of others who know addiction...other recovering A's (RA's).

Though crack is a form of cocaine, I can't answer your question about his performance. Had one XABF (ex addict boyfriend) who had "issues" when he was using, another that had NO problem.

I hope you read and keep posting here. I turned to drugs because I couldn't deal with an A bf, became an addict, then found SR and found out I was a raging codie (codependent). I couldn't make my XABF (ex addict boyfriend) get clean, even though we shared an addiction and I chose recovery. The great folks here have helped me keep my sanity and serenity.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy