View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
chronsweet

Careering - You A sounds alot like mine. He only drinks beer, well mostly, I know he does buy hard liquor sometimes and maybe more than I think. I think he sneaks that, but he also now tries to hide the amount of beer he drinks. He says he CAN'T be an alcoholic because he just likes to drink. LOL LOL LOL

I too, have gotten as far as picking a place to live, or temporarily stayed with my mom, but I always told him in advance and thought my leaving or plans to leave would straighten him up. It may for a day, possible two at most, but I have come to realize he actually needs this stuff to live now because he is addicted. My ABF doesn't think he has a problem though, so, it will be a long road to his recovery I am afraid. I have already been with him for five years and I don't even want to waste another six months of my life and our son's life living with this addiction.

I plan on moving in with my mom mid-August or early September when our lease is up. My mom is a pretty wise woman and she tells me that I just need to go and not give him warning too far ahead of time. Of course, he will have to know at least 30 days ahead of time because we are on the lease together and I won't chance leaving him at the apartment himself because the deposit money is all mine (imagine that). He has already broken two screens and got grease on the new carpet, so I have to make sure all the things that are intact remain that way to maximize my deposit return.