Old 05-14-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
YVRguy

I think Anna and Dee plus others kind of show what might be happening for you. Only you can tell but it does require deep honesty with yourself.

It is about what happens to us when we drink and not putting any filters on that. I would section out " Well did okay last night or last weekend" and then boom a two day spree , a few years later gone for a few days ...then a few years later a week , and a few years later a month. For me it grew slowly but surely from my late teens and early 20's till now.

I was similar in my past with the ability to limit sometimes and then who knew when it would go overboard. Looking back , as I never really counted or worried back then, I went overboard a lot more times compared to other people and then slowly but surely it became most of the time.

Dressing up my drinking by knowing what wines to pair with what food and all the rest was simply , at its core , a way to get more to drink.

If you feel there is a problem , now is the best time to address it. Nobody ever suffered a hangover or worse from stopping.