View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fenris
Came to Believe

There was this one guy in the meeting I attend that would basically say the exact same thing every day, regardless of what topic the chairperson chose. I mean, there were some good points in what the guy was saying, but after hearing it for the ninth time...It started to get under my skin and I started to feel resentment towards him. My sponsor put it into perspective by telling me to look around the room each day and take note of the people who weren't there the day before, who are new to AA, who might have not heard what this guy had to say before. In other words, I was being focused on my self, instead of realizing that what this guy had to share was new, and probably helpful, to at least one set of ears each day. It's all a matter of perspective and being willing to live outside of yourself.

With that said, I know that many of the people who regularly chair meetings at my home group will state at the opening of a meeting that people should limit their "shares" to five minutes or so. Take it up at a group conscious meeting or try a different meeting, but honestly, you're probably going to find people who irritate you no matter what you do...it's up to you to change your perspective.

--Fenris.