View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
careering

Finally reached that point

I hope that I'm finally ready to leave my AH after 8 years. I came close last weekend, right down to finding a flat, but made the BIG mistake of telling him. What was I thinking?? He wore me down over the weekend and I foolishly agreed to re-consider that particular flat and that I'd give him another month to see if he would go and get treatment again....

I think you can all guess where this one is going.....

Tuesday - all good. Made all the phone calls to his doctor and his counsellor for appointments for Friday.

Wednesday - he's absolutely estatic. Finally been given Employment and Sickness Benefit as they have agreed he's not capable of work (he suffers from social anxiety and depression). We've been living off just my wages for the past year since he lost his job due to drinking (and we worked at the same place, so you can imagine how great that was when they fired him!!)

Thursday - money received. £1000 backdated. He told me that he was going to give it all to me to stop him from being tempted to buy alcohol. I get home from work and he's clearly drunk.

Friday - see above. I'm given £250 and told the rest has gone to pay bills. Bearing in mind, I pay all the bills from my bank account...
He did manage to go his his doctor who wants to put him on Baclofen as part of a trial. So now he's sitting back waiting to go on this drug and according to him, what's the point of stopping now when in a couple of weeks a drug's going to help him stop? Unbelievable.

So this time I have reached the end of the line (I hope!!) and I am going to return to my flat-hunting and say nothing until I'm actually moving my stuff out. My only problem is that he only ever leaves the house to go to the shop to get alcohol, so it's going to be really hard to move out in front of him.

But I know now, I can't be living like this for the rest of my life! I've had enough of the lying, the stealing and the emotional abuse and I'm ready to just let him throw his own life away without throwing mine away too.