View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 01:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
whatevername

The wife and I are planning a vacation for the fall. I decided to get sober 1 month 13 days ago, I am living day to day working hard to maintain it. I do fear vacation drinking...but I also fear drinking consequences every day also.

I have done utmost research into the place we are going and trying to have something to do everyday whilst we are there. There lots to see and do and generally speaking just relaxing in the sun sober may be a differrent change. I may just like it?!?!?!

I can always try it can't I? In fact I have never had a sober vacation. In fact I have been a downer on every vacation we've had so far...the last one comes to mind.

Got pissed drunk as soon as we woke at 6am to go drive to the airport, pissed on the plane...couldnt sleep for a long flight, got "cut off " on the plane.
Arrived at hotel and fell asleep for 24 hours got drunk upon waking asleep agin from 12 noon till midnght almost everyday there. One night I wet the bed. I also was arguing with my wife the whole time I was there. Didnt enjoy any of the exotic food while there as I rather drink and throw up instead of eat. Dont really remember any of the ruins or forts or beaches or much of anything else. I do remember trying to climb over a steel gate with a heavy backpack on to trying to get to a beach when i lost my balance fell backwards and with my foot threaded through the bars of the fence the sheer weight of my body tore all the ligaments in the back of my knee in one leg (9 months recovery).
Drank on the plane on the way home and my wife sat two aisles away from me to avoid the embarrassment.

The trip two years before that I thought it would be funny to jump off a thirty meter cliff into water after drinking a fifth of vodka, tore muscles off my scapula and bruised my tailbone (12 months full recovery, could sit properly for at least 6 months) spent most of the vacation crippled and in pain.

So , ya, I think I will stay sober and busy this time. Actually enjoy the vacation, food and relaxing this time....just sayin...