View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cangel2

Happy Mothers Day

Sending a ((HUG)) to all the mother's who visit this site. I frankly think we all deserve more than the standard Mother's Day recognition.

In my life there has never been anything as dear as being a mother.....no greater love felt. It is amazing, it is unique and it is frightening... the nurturing while pregnant, the sleepless nights with an infant, the endless loads of laundry, homework, dinners, noses wiped, birthdays, story reading, cooking, making it all right, running interference, sporting events, pets, friendships woes, late night waiting up for them to come home, first loves, lost loves, endless hugs and then the letting go. For many of us here our fear about the choices our children have made cause our hearts so much pain and at the same time have caused us tremendous personal growth.

We turn then to "mothering" each other and getting ourselves through it all.
We set boundries for ourselves, we practice self care and we support our non-addict and addict children and each other to the very best of our ability.

We are very special, we are very strong and we have so much love in our hearts that we are more than willing to share.

I want to personal acknowledge all of the Amazing mothers here....and thank everyone of you for sharing your knowledge, stories, compassion, support, fears and triumphs.

I appreciate you!! Happy Mother's Day!!!