Thread: Quacking
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
EmmyG

Quacking

Can someone here enlighten me on quacking? I've been working all day today. I'm a paralegal and I have a huge court filing coming up. I have to have my phone on because I've been on it most of the day.

My AH is home, drinking, and constantly calling me. One minute he's calling to say he hates me and make threats, the next minute he calls and says he's lonely and he wants to sing to me, and I'm his best friend.

This is like torture. On one hand, I'm very, very angry. I just want to move on with my life. On the other, there is no one else to worry about him. I'm afraid he's going to drink himself to death. Should I let his family in England know, so they can come and do something if they want to, or do I just leave him to his own devices? This is painful. I feel so alone and there's nothing I can do. I feel good about leaving him, and I feel a sense of calm and peace. But at the same time, I have this crazy person who won't leave me alone for five minutes, and I do care about him, so of course I don't want him to die.