View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:41 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
rdytoquit

Originally Posted by lydiebreeze View Post
rdytoquit - I think you've made a very wise decision to be around people while you detox. I had a friend stay with me for 3 days when I stopped - i was terrified - just like you about the physical aspects of detox. I'm only on day 4 and feel pretty good - but I spend as much time outside my house as possible because I want to be around people in case something happens.
I wish you all the luck in the world.
this is tough. and don't let anyone tell you it isnt. (i.e. those normies
Haha! No one told me it was going to be easy. Not on this thread anyway. Congrats on day 4. If you need someone to talk to, let me know. Lydie, don't you have any friends or family near that could stay with you?

I really don't know what is going to happen to me, until I do it for an extended period of time.

For the poster that mentioned that how my doctor would be able to deal with an "alcoholic" well, he's been my doctor for over 15 years and he knows what he sees when he reviews my yearly physical. A blood test tells a lot!

I think he knows what he's doing. If any of you out there have really checked your test results, you will see all the signs.

I just don't understand why some of you chose to do this alone and didn't ask your physician for help.

With the tapering, I would also NOT be doing that alone. I would be locked in the house around people that would dole out a certain amount as needed. Hell no, I couldn't do that alone! I know that.