View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

I agree about enjoying it while you can. I also agree that his actions are making it quite clear that he is not done drinking.

So, rather than waste a bunch of time and energy fretting about what his lawyer is telling him, what he's doing or going to do, I would suggest preparing for the possible and likely outcomes. He will do whatever he's going to do, which appears to be skirting the law, finding ways around consequences, risking steeper penalties, and drinking. (Nobody serious about quitting keeps a stash....)

If I were you, I would make sure I had a separate bank account that he doesn't have access to, start stashing money in there with a goal of at least one month's living expenses, plus enough to put a deposit down on a place to live, get an auto insurance policy that is separate from his if you have your own car, and stop riding with him. I would also consult with an attorney just to find out where I stand in terms of custody, child support, spousal support, etc. so if it comes to that, you are armed with knowledge.

It's not a question of if he will drink again, it's just a question of when.

L