View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Learningtodeal

No, no demands yet but I agree that he will and when he does, I will give them to him. There will be no fight from me. No battle. I want him to see that this is his disease to control and if he fails, then the failure is his. Not mine. Do I think he will see it that way when it fails? Probably not. But, I'm still not strong enough to allow myself to be seen as "unsupportive." and I'm hoping that the small piece of him left that does have some insight will maybe acknowledge that he can't blame this on me and he will learn from it something about himself. In other words, I'm trying to relieve the focus from myself so he can only blame himself. I'll also learn something from this. I'll maybe learn where he is in his recovery and if I should just walk away once and for all. I don't know if these are the right answers which is why I'm here. On these boards in the first place so any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Two more things: the money being spent is money that he has access to from his job (long story) but he's off the joint account and has been for a while. Also, I went to my first meeting today. I feel like it has already helped in terms of seeing that my experiences are not unique, I'm not as crazy as he would like to say that I am, and the support from others IS out there.