View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learningtodeal

I caved. I told him I don't support his choice and would not help him research detox remedies, but I agreed to control and hand out the pills during the wean-down process according to the schedule he proposed. Was this a bad idea? Probably. I did it to try to avoid the future blame for being the cause of his inevitable failure. But I anticipate that you are right, Katiekate. I will likely be blamed no matter what.I also did it for financial reasons. If he goes through the pills quicker by handling them himself, he will need more pills sooner rather than later. Thus, more money spent. Like I said, still probably a bad idea, but half of this money is his so I really have no choice besides leaving him which will REALLY devastate my financial future. Of course, if he keeps this up it will all be a wash since his paychecks will all go to drugs anyway. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Either way, I truly appreciate everyone's support and kind words. This is such an amazing resource and I already see how wonderful this board's members are, so thank you! From the bottom of my heart. I've been lost inside my own head for so long, I stopped remembering how good it feels to feel like there are people out there who actually do put others before themselves.