Old 05-04-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ChickenStu
Member of the RESISTANCE

Two years - Newcomer? Hear what I'm saying...

At some point today or tomorrow I'm two years sober.

On one fateful night just over two years ago I drank a litre and a half bottle of vodka to myself, and the next morning I knew the game was up. So on the following monday I went to my Doctor, told him I had a bit of a problem and wasn't leaving his office without a prescription of some sort.

He told me that the pills would do the trick and don't worry about AA.

I had a goodbye to alcohol and bought all my favourite things. And in the morning when I woke up my wife bought up to me my first pill and a glass of water. She also said that it couldn't hurt to give AA a try - so 6 days sober I found my local meeting. And when I walked into that room I knew my life had begun again.

I'm now two years without a drink. Life ain't perfect, my wife will still never completely forgive me - but I've now got a better chance of seeing my two beautiful girls grow up.

Listen, if there is any newcomer out there who is struggling - please believe me it's possible to get off the grog. You'll never be cured of this disease, and you don't get away clean. NO-ONE gets away clean...

BUT with the right help and the 12 steps - it's possible to stop drinking if you want it. Believe me guys if I can do it anyone can, cause I was pretty much written off as a hopeless case before I walked into that room. It gave me a shot not only at sobriety - but also at redeeming my soul.

Give it a try people. NEVER give up.