View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Newatthis34

To count or not?

Hey everyone,

Been here on SR a few weeks now, but haven't posted in this forum yet. I won't go into my story again but suffice to say I have a problem with alcohol. I have just finished the RR book and feel confident to say that I have quit drinking for good. My problem essentially is that I can't help counting the amount of days (19) I've been alcohol-free, even though I realise counting the days is Beast behaviour (why count unless there is a possible 'end'? i.e. resumption of drinking). Also I have told my friends I'm 'off the drink', perhaps a mistake too? Although I've not told them (or my husband for that matter) that it's forever, they just think I'm having a break. I guess the tolerance for alcohol problems is unusually high in this country, so no-one really thinks my drinking was that remarkable to begin with Anyways I would appreciate some feedback on how to deal with this numbers issue I have...Part of me wants to count to celebrate my decision yet intellectually I recognise if I'm over it then why focus on it? A bit of a conundrum.