View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CookiesAreDone

I know she is lying because she lived with me two years ago and vividly recall her cornering me in my kitchen after I discovered the empty bottle of tequila she had hidden; she was quite vicious that day. I know because several times after that while she was house sitting for other people she would drink and I know because I "caught" her and it was stupid - she's not a child but acted like it. I know because after she moved out my kids "busted" her over the summer and just last December when I gave her a ride to the market she had that horrible smell and kept making comments about how alcoholics in AA don't drink because it is embarrassing to have to do the 1st 30 days all over again.

I was told by someone it was none of my business. That her lying about her actual sobriety date is between her and herself. It was just one more thing and I needed to vent.

She hates me for bringing her to my small town by the sea with an ocean view when she lost everything and we thought she was dying or might if someone didn't take her in instead of allowing her to hit true rock bottom and out on the street after she spent two years in bed - drunk. It's my fault she isn't living her life in the "Valley" where she had no friends but a BF that she had been dating for ummm ... 17 years or so without ever knowing where he lived. It is my fault for that too, by the way (eye roll).

We were horrible to her apparently. We had the nerve to ask her to not fall asleep with the living room TV on at night every night and leave it on because it kept my husband (the bread winner) up at night. Asking her to use a timer was rude as well ... I learned it is not okay to become emotional when your drunken chain smoking mother keeps letting your inside only cats outside even though every one including her knows someone is poisoning cats on our street. She claimed my husband was being emotionally cruel to her when he'd bring a water glass from our bedroom into the kitchen when he woke in the morning because she had already scrubbed the kitchen while we slept.

She's an extreme narcissist so everything she does even acts of kindness are really about her. "If it were me/mine, I would have, Why don't you, I wouldn't have" is how she begins every sentence to me.

Yeah .... fun times.

I disowned her within the last month. Befriending my child molesters wife on FB and allowing her to see photograph's of MY children crossed a line that can never be undone. Never mind the fact that she just told the world it was okay what happened to me, or to some that maybe it never happened (dad's side of the family rallied behind my abuser, sadly, it happens), she allowed a woman that KNEW I was being molested and turned a blind eye to see picture's of MY children. Stabbed in the back on so many levels ... and here I thought her trying to cause marital problems was bad.

And the latest is just lying to the small town I moved her into that she worked so hard for her sobriety and I am a horrible person. I am learning that everything I thought I knew is/was a lie. Not just that I know she doesn't really have 2 years of total sobriety. But in AA, every chip handed out is done so in a big celebratory way. So yeah, it really bothers me that she could stand up there and get star treatment.

My mom being alive sober and as healthy as possible is a really big deal considering where she was at when she came here. I'm probably over reacting on the chip thing ... it still hurts though.

Rambling ... can't focus. Sorry if I am not making sense.