Old 05-01-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
joethemechanic

Originally Posted by MentalLoop View Post
In college I couldn't hold my liquor. We used to buy 40's, and I'd puke maybe 12oz in. Roll the clock forward 20 years, and I probably still couldn't drink a 40. But give me 6 Pints of guinness, and I would wax poetic about the virtues of their hops. Oh, and that it was a low calorie beer. Hmmm...6 Pints x (16oz) - 96oz. Not a 40 though.
The first time I drank at 16 years old in 1977 I had 2 beers. The room spun and I puked my guts out. I cried "God make this stop" all night.

You would have thought I would have never taken another drink. But here is what I thought, I had a plan,,,,,,,, I figured if I drank more, I'd learn how to drink right. In my crazy head, I figured it was like learning to ride a bicycle, I thought I just needed to dust myself off and get back on and ride.

You know the "plan" probably would have worked if I had died at about 30 like I always figured. But the motorcycle wreck at 100 mph + or the airplane crash never happened. By 40 I was a really F ed up drunk with lots of problems.

Funny how the stinkin thinkin works isn't it?