Thread: Support...?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Piggypumps

Wow, you guys are so great!

[QUOTE=SoaringSpirits;3383028]Finally, I actually *asked* one of my few friends, an older and very wise woman who is herself a recovering alcoholic of 25 years, to call me daily and just leave me a message. She did this for the first few months of my separation, and even though we did not talk daily or even weekly, just having that message on my voicemail every day saying "I am just thinking of you. No need to call me back!" made a HUGE difference. I will never forget her kindness.[QUOTE]
Wow, that's amazing that she took the time to do that, I think I will follow your lead and ask someone to do this for me - like you, I think it would make a huge difference. Thank you so much for sharing this!

[QUOTE=Senseofagoose;3383050]
I guess it's something that we only find out when something really bad happens - friends will be "there for you" in different ways and to different degrees, but it is probably difficult for someone who hasn't experienced the hell that is living with alcoholism, to understand and relate to everything that we are going through.[QUOTE]
You are so right - my friend finally text me yesterday and and said she would call me later that evening, I told her that I could really use someone to talk to but I understood if this situation was more than she wanted to deal with. Guess what? No call.

Thank you to everyone's comments and support - this forum is a bit of a lifeline for me right now - so thank you for being there!!