Old 04-30-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Jfanagle
Another Day in Paradise

I have attended meeting in 16 states and 3 countries and with the term being very subjective I will say that based on my experience and certainly the only impressions I have are of the particular meeting or meetings that I attended in each locale, my observation is as follows.

NYC and Washington DC more formal in the manner they were conducted than some in the Rocky Mountain States. The Utah and Arizona meetings were full of wonderful sobriety and some interesting sayings, "I'll take another 24."

Hawaii somewhat closer in casual approach to my home state, but no clapping as we do in our meetings in California. Southern Cal (of course more relaxed, what did you expect?) Michigan very warm greetings and full of fellowship. Texas, big meetings and quite structured. I felt very included.

Point being, the differences were superficial, I was with "MY PEOPLE" no matter where I was and I have always felt welcome. I hope I added to each meeting when I was present.

Jon

PS. In my opinion, the best meeting was the one I first attended that turned out to be the one just after my last drink in 1999.