View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Chrisy

Welcome,

I just joined today so day one for me without oxycodone. This is day one for you too. We can make it through the withdrawals. You are taking the right step forward, and I believe this time you will make it. Keep trying. Don't give up trying. I used to smoke and after several attempts I was able to finally give it up for good. We just have to tell ourselves that their is life after ______________. You feel in the blank with your addiction or addictions.

Work on yourself, get a sponsor, and if AA isn't the answer there is a program I see on tv that is in Malibu that doesn't use AA. The little I know about AA came from a friend of my dad. At my dad's memoral service after he died he wanted to speak and I said ok. He talked about how when he was addicted to booze that everyone left him but my dad, who stayed a good friend and encouraged him and was proud that AA changed his life. He had been sobor for many years, was happilly married, and kept going to meetings. He was a Brit like my dad and he overcame. We can too. We just have to keep trying and pick ourselves up, which is what you are doing.

Just the short time I have been on this forum, I believe it will help us make it through to success. 3rd time is the charm Duke. I know the friend of my dad loved this prayer. I hope you will be blessed Duke as it is blessing me today and my desire to stop and be clean.

God grant me the serentiy to accept the things I cannot change. Courage to change the things I can and Wisdom to know the difference.

God Bless

Love and Blessings
Chrisy