View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
roncampb

Originally Posted by BillyPilgrim View Post
Blue is basically right. Until he is ready there will be no change. You can express support once they are in recovery, but until they decide they need some help and can seek it out, they are alone.

And AA is local and free, a rehab unless there are pressing medical reasons will not help.

So you say that I should just keep giving him good advice, but that is basically it? I'm not pushing anything on him. But he knows that I don't like how he drinks a lot. He has asked me before when he's been real drunk if I am upset. He has done this numerous times. I basically just tell him that drinking in moderation is fine. But when you do it in high levels, it is poison. And that it kills our productivity. Like when he came up this weekend, he asked if I drink up here. And, I said that I've probably had 4 beers since I've moved in which is over a month period. I hope the hints are paying off. I really think that he wants to change.

When he came up this weekend, he held himself together fine. Probably had 16 beers over a two day period. Which I guess could be an improvement but still way too much in my opinion.

But to get back to my question. Are you guys saying that doing nothing is better?