View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
cfm

Armywife925
Perhaps I can simplify some things for you.
1) All through the book you will read the word "We"...........That is not you and I
That "We" is the first 100 men who were in the fellowship. It is not the fellowship of today. Read the forward to the 1st edition. It will tell you in that forward that the purpose of the book is to show other alcoholics "precisely how we have recovered Don't worry about what you should do. Worry about what "They" did. People have been doing 4th steps alone for 70 yrs just fine. People were getting and staying sober out west for 20 flippin years with just the BB ALONE before AA got out there and was in any shape to conduct business.
2. I don't know which sponsor you have now, but it kinda sounds like you 1st sponsor really should not have been sponsoring people, "not enough minutes on her phone?????????..................Cmon, give me a break............
3. You may want to consider putting the 12X12 on the shelf for awhile. It can confuse new people. I mean if you have to read it in a meeting or something Ok, but people were sobering up just fine for 20 yrs before it was even written. I live in Cleveland, Ohio and as a rule we don't even let people read them until about a year.
4. As for as your 4th is concerned, just do the damn thing, this ain't rocket science.
5 I don't have "Sponcee's I don't know what those are. That's a very degrading, belittling word. What I have are 9 brothers who are engaged together in a life and death battle of spiritual warfare.
6 I want you to ask yourself this question at least 10 times today, in all situations. "What the fcuk does this have to do with my decision to stay sober today??................Their is only one acceptable answer...............NOTHING!
7 This ain't about a sponsor honey, this is about God!