View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DefofLov
Survivor

Unhappy Frantic friend!!! Advice please!!!!!!!

You know..I am trying very hard not to become co-dependent and I am trying not to own my friends and their problems. I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with herpes and she has been really down about it. I wrote her a poem and I have been very supportive. However, it is all she can talk about at all and I have said what I can. I told her about support groups. Even when she called recently to wish me a happy birthday, she kept me on the phone. She just keeps on talking about it. About the guy she got it from and how stupid she was.

I keep on telling her over and over again that she is being too hard on herself and I am getting very tired of it. I dont want to be selfish but I cannot be her counselor. I also dont want to get sucked into yet another draining and tiring situation. Whenever I try to hang up she wont really let me until I have to get abrupt with her. Then I feel really, really bad. But she says things like "Oh, I shouldn't bombard you with this." Then I say, "Oh no, no, itz okay." I say it because I dont want to be harsh. You know? I dont want her to feel all alone....

And advice?