View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Chakaido View Post
Spoon fed? Interesting interpretation, as if to imply I'm not willing to do the work?
Addicted people are a peculiar bunch. You'd be surprised at how many people ask me questions, pretending that they've read the Rational Recovery book and didn't understand it, when in fact, they've only gone through the 15-minute crash course. I've lost track of how many asked about a book on tape so they could listen to it in the car on the way to work as opposed to actually — (gasp!) — reading.

If I wasn't willing to do any work I'd be dead by now, not have a job, etc. I think that's a pretty good testimonial so far! :-)
That's a good attitude, Chakaido. Always remember, unnatural, unhealthy dependence is your real problem here, and more dependence won't solve it. The more you can do for yourself, the better off you'll be, and the better you'll feel about yourself.

I'm just asking for some specific direction as you've done here vs general 'following AA', "work your program" and other slogans and generalisations that aren't helpful if you're not following AA. Thank you!
You're welcome. I don't do slogans.