View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
roncampb

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
Sounds like you've got a good handle on it. Sure would have applied to me......

I'm with you on the rehab/vacation deal. I can hear myself saying the same thing. Really though, does he think he's going to run into someone there who's NOT in the same boat? lol. "Oh, I'll go to rehab but it has to be in Cali and it's $25k." please...... the three facilities I'm familiar with in Michigan all do similar things: dry you out safely, give you some information, and BEG you to do AA starting the DAY you get out. Those that take their recovery seriously once they're out of rehab have a great shot. Those that hope the experience of rehab will last and keep them sober......they don't get good results.

FWIW, alkies and addicts are among some of THE most accomplished liars and manipulators I've ever met.....PERIOD. yay us! lol

Yea, I really don't believe anything he says anymore. I really thought that he had a handle on it until I saw him hammered two weeks ago at around noon. My wife says that he goes to bed early at 7pm not too long after work. For all we know, he is hammering the beers until he passes out. It just bothers me a lot because I see him just killing himself and his parents just taking the easy route... Doing nothing.