View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
TimeToGetALife

Well that was a fantastic evening! We raised loads of money for breast cancer awareness, had a superb catwalk fashion show with ladies who are currently suffering, and I gave the award to a lovely lady who has raised a shed load of cash for this worth while cause, partly by running the London Marathon.

Due to the preparation I had taken (from your advice) I really enjoyed myself and did not touch a drop all evening. When we walked in we were given a glass of wine, so when we entered the main hall I went to the coat area, put the glass down - hung up my coat and walked off leaving the full glass behind. The evening progressed and I simply drank lime and soda in a wine glass, no one said a thing. And although I must admit finding myself on a couple of occasions nearly giving in.. I just reminded myself why I can't and wont have that first drink.

I must say that having seen what all those lovely women and their family and friends are going through, it made me realise how very lucky I am. Also all the things that I thought were so scary (so drank to avoid) were actually ok - so very pleased, another day sober.. and a lovely weekend with my daughter to look forward too.. Thank you all so very much for you great advice it really helped x Hope you all have a restful sleep x