View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Good Lord

What, in God's name, would make you think this? You have months (your words) of experience saying this is EXACTLY what he would do, will do, and will always do as long as he is drinking. How can you, even for a moment, rationalize this belief of yours?

Originally Posted by skarletstarlet View Post
Guess I thought he wouldn't be or couldn't be that selfish.
This, in your words, is the man you are with and will always be with unless you leave, or unless he believes in his very core he IS an alcoholic, he wants to stop, and he'll submit himself to the program of his choice to do so:
  • He has drank every day since the appt.
  • Saturday was my "date night." We got there and had an hr to spare. Thats when I realized he was wasted out of his tree.
  • He spilled my drink and his popcorn everywhere. I started crying in the theater lobby. People were staring. He said to me "shut up, you're embarrassing me. Take me home I'm done here if you're going to cry and play the victim!!!"
  • ...he slept the whole time and snored. Really embarrassing.
  • He was supposed to be here at 4.
  • I found him at 8, passed out with a 26er of whiskey having pissed himself. I thought he was dead.

The doctor, while completely ignorant about alcoholism as many doctors are, is not the problem. Your denial, codependency, and your alcoholic husband is the problem. The solution, for you, is Alanon if you really want your life to improve.

Drunkard that he is, and Gaslighter that he is, he was right about one thing-- you are playing the victim. Now stop. Your new role is to play the hero, and the person you are going to save is yourself.

Good luck,

Cyranoak