Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Triggers? This always interests me... Calling these things triggers to drink or use is my addictive voice's idea, so I don't use that verbiage.
I'm not sure that your AV came up with the notion of triggers, as it was probably invented by some psychologist, but it's easy to see why the Beast absolutely loves this nefarious concept. Let's look at the definition:

Trigger (noun)
  1. a piece (as a lever) connected with a catch or detent as a means of releasing it; especially : the part of the action moved by the finger to fire a gun
  2. a similar movable part by which a mechanism is actuated <trigger of a spray gun>
  3. something that acts like a mechanical trigger in initiating a process or reaction

So, the world is presumably chock full of triggers, and just like a bullet flying across the air when the trigger of a gun is pulled, you'll fly to the liquor store when you encounter one of these triggers. To the Beast, that's like going to Disneyland.