View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
VolcomStone51

Well I guess I'll just piggyback on what most people said, but I just had to really dig deep and figure out what made me truly happy. What I found is that is competition (sports), health (working out and nutrition) and supporting causes that mean a lot to me are what makes me happy. I was just thinking about your dilemma the other day but in the opposite sense. I have an indoor soccer tournament this Friday and I am as excited....no wayyy more excited than when I was drinking had a big social drinking event planned on the weekend. I also support two seperate cancer societies since I went through chemotherapy in 2010, and these events expose me to amazing/genuine individuals that make me excited to live life. I hope this helps, but I have only been sober for 14 months so I am still on a pink cloud and I can assume that at 5 years it takes some extra effort to stay motivated. I hope you find something out in Cali that will enrich your life so that your fleeting thoughts of alcohol dissapear, good luck!!