View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
skarletstarlet

Is our doctor totally blind?

So last week XAF and I went to the dr to see about getting him a depression diagnosis. The dr asked me to leave the room. XAF proceeded to tell the dr I exaggerate his drinking and that he can stop alone. The dr called me back in.

The dr says since XAF admits he has a problem but thinks he can stop alone, we should let him try. HELLO!? we've been doing this for months... thanks so much.

He has drank every day since the appt.

Saturday was my "date night." When he was serious about getting sober, he told me to pick a movie and we would go see it. I chose titanic 3D. We went but he asked if I could drive since he was tired. We got there and had an hr to spare. Thats when I realized he was wasted out of his tree. He spilled my drink and his popcorn everywhere. I started crying in the theater lobby. People were staring. He said to me "shut up, you're embarrassing me. Take me home I'm done here if you're going to cry and play the victim!!!"

So titanic was good, he slept the whole time and snored. Really embarrassing.

Today he made arrangements to see his kids. He was supposed to be here at 4. I found him at 8, passed out with a 26er of whiskey having pissed himself. I thought he was dead. He said he'd be over straight after work, at 4. I was calling everyone to find out where he was. Silly me. Guess I thought he wouldn't be or couldn't be that selfish.

I have to go see the dr tomorrow for my daughter's cough. Will be sure to thank him for treating me like an idiot and making my XAF think he doesn't have a problem.