View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Seasidegirllau

First weekend without booze!!!

Ive managed to do a saturday and sunday night without booze!! Sat here with a cuppa watching a film, looking forward to work tomorrow and looking forward to a good nights sleep! Ive been down the beach, out shopping with my kids, enjoyed healthy meals (kinda ;-) and feel great! Cant believe when i woke up this morning i had this overwhelming urge to just..do something to break the vicious cycle i was in! And i made the first step..admitting on here i had a problem! I knew it wasn't normal to spend as much time as i did obsessing about drink, being envious of people who could quite happily take a drink or leave it, someone said to me last week they hadn't drank in months..i couldnt believe it!!

I feel like ive been wearing steamed up glasses for so long and someones come along and cleaned them for me, my head was a constant fuzzy mess, full of anxious thoughts, paranoia, self loathing....but somehow..i was still functioning in a high position at work, caring for my family, having people say i must be superwoman for working full time and having a brood of children...if only they knew i used to think!!!! Well now i am gonna be that superwoman , im gonna kick the booze into touch and get real :-)

Looking forward to getting in the car in the morning without having to worry about being breathalized :-)))))))

Met some quality peeps on here today also which has made it oh so much easier and enjoyable.....peace out :-))))))) XXXXXX